Lowe’s Business OutlookFiscal Year 2012 – a 52-week Year (comparisons to fiscal year 2011 – a 53-week year; based on U.S. GAAP unless otherwise noted)
- Total sales are expected to be approximately flat. On a 52 versus 52 week basis, total sales are expected to increase approximately 2 percent.
- The company expects comparable store sales to increase approximately 1 percent (on a 52 versus 52 week basis).
- The company expects to open approximately 10 stores in fiscal year 2012.
- Earnings before interest and taxes as a percentage of sales (operating margin) are expected to increase approximately 40 basis points.
- Depreciation expense is expected to be approximately $1.5 billion.
- The effective income tax rate is expected to be approximately 37.7%.
- Diluted earnings per share of approximately $1.64 are expected for the fiscal year ending February 1, 2013.