E-bill activation has been most effective when two main components are considered -- customer education and an intuitive user interface. On the education side, billers and financial institutions that created awareness about e-bills, how to sign-up for them and the benefits that can be achieved by utilizing e-bills, have seen significant increases in adoption.In terms of the consumer experience and leveraging the interface as a way to encourage consumers to try e-bills and turn off paper bills, Fiserv recently announced the availability of E-bill Easy Activation (for billing organizations) and E-bill Introduction (for financial institutions). This feature gives consumers an opportunity to receive e-bills for an introductory period at their financial institution bill pay website while they also continue to receive the paper bills in the mail, giving customers the ability to become familiar with e-bills before permanently making the switch. Pilots of the feature conducted with five financial institutions delivered solid results, with consumers enrolled in the pilot activating three times more e-bills than consumers who were not enrolled. Additionally, billing organizations that are employing E-Bill Easy Activation at financial institution websites have seen nearly one in five customers choosing to turn-on e-bills and turn-off paper bills for good. “For some consumers, changing behavior from paper to electronic billing is better accomplished with a trial period,” said Michelle Flint, general manager, eBill business line, Biller Solutions, Fiserv. “Easy Activation and E-bill Introduction are our ways of listening to the voice of the consumer, and making it easy for them to try e-bills without turning off the paper bill until they are comfortable with the process. Our experience tells us that once consumers try e-bill delivery, they are highly satisfied with the service and elect to receive additional e-bills from their service providers.” Fiserv is the leading provider of e-bill presentment and payment.
- eBill Place - http://www.ebillplace.com/cda/ebillplace/
- “The Benefits of e-Billing” Infographic - http://www.slideshare.net/FiservPR/infographic-the-benefits-of-ebills
- “The State of Paperless Billing: Multiple Channels and Innovative Marketing Can Help Billers Extend E-Bill Beyond Early Adopters” White Paper - http://www.fiserv.com/resources/state-of-paperless-billing.htm
- “Ushering in the E-Bill Age: Driving Adoption through Financial Institution Websites” White Paper - http://www.fiserv.com/resources/driving-ebill-adoption-through-financial-institution-websites.htm
- Biller Solutions at Fiserv - http://www.fiserv.com/industries/biller-solutions.htm