Avid ® ( NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the availability of Interplay® Central 1.3, the only user interface on the market that extends the media production environment through Web-based and mobile devices. Created to simplify media production, installation and maintenance, the latest version of Interplay Central delivers dramatically improved accessibility for media professionals to create, edit, distribute, and manage media. Whether creating news packages, logging reality TV footage, or editing and sending video for review and approval, users save several steps with a single browser-based view. Depending on an organization’s system size and upgrade intervals, Interplay Central can provide significant reduction in both implementation time and cost. Interplay Central 1.3 is suitable for many users within media organizations, including:
- Producers: Search and browse media, create shot lists and notes, review and annotate edits.
- Ingest operators and loggers: Rapidly select and tag media by creating markers and subclips for easy searching and speedier editing.
- News directors and producers: Use an iPad to browse rundowns, edit scripts, and review video.
- Journalists: Create complete packages on their laptop with video, audio, and scripts; break stories from the field with iPad, iPhone and BlackBerry; and, replace printed scripts with iPad Presenter mode.
- Management and operations: Reduce costs with a single, lightweight low-maintenance user interface that works across for multiple applications, streamlines workflows, and increases productivity.
Additionally, Interplay Central 1.3 now supports the Interplay Production asset management systems and new tools for a broad range of television entertainment and sports production tasks. It also has important incremental capabilities for news journalists and iNEWS-connected newsroom staff. Interplay Central can be used with Interplay Production and iNEWS ®, together or separately. Specific features include:
- New sequence pane with a horizontal editing timeline to create shotlists or basic sequences.
- Expanded collaboration tools for searching, browsing, and transferring media between multiple workgroups and sharing links to provide direct access to media.
- Create, view, export, and delete text markers and subclip video or live feeds, allowing easy search and retrieval of relevant content.
- DNxHD 85/100 format support for sports workflows.
- Single search across iNEWS stories and Interplay media, including date and time search criteria.
- Enhanced field journalist capabilities with native apps for iOS devices that let reporters create, browse, and edit iNEWS stories and review Interplay video sequences from wherever they are working.