TUALATIN, Ore. , Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CUI Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: CUI), a platform company dedicated to the acquisition, development, and commercialization of new, innovative products and technologies, today announced that the Final Test Report from the Polish Oil & Gas Department Central Testing and Calibration Laboratory in Warsaw ("CLPB") has been released. After extensive testing, the report formally approves the Vergence® Natural Gas Metering Device (GasPT2) for "on-line usage" at all levels of the Polish Natural Gas Network. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120320/FL72629LOGO ) During the five month test, CLPB considered, among other things, the variable and, at times extreme, Polish climate and the quality diversity of natural gas in Poland. The test results were and are quite consistent with all other tests conducted using the device. In sum, the CLPB found that the Vergence device met or exceeded all of the advertised specifications. Specifically, in Section III "Conclusions," the report notes that:
- The GasPT2 performed properly and accurately for gases "containing nitrogen content even up to 35%" (Section III.4);
- "There were no errors found in the GasPT2 readings related to gas containing sulfur compounds typical for Polish gas network" (Section III.7);
- Even in emergency situations, there "were no errors found in GasPT2 readings related to different readings of water dew point temperatures (WDP)" (Section III.8);
- The GasPT2 response time is "very short . . . much shorter than modern fast gas chromatographs" and there is "no 'memory effect' of previous gas . . . . due to the small internal volume of the device" (Section III.10) and,
- The GasPT2 device "estimates correctly the values of physicochemical parameters in accordance with the ISO 6976 algorithm" (Section III.11).