Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. CIT Group ( CIT) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, CIT Group fell 41 cents (-1.1%) to $36.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 759,278 shares of CIT Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.60-$37.13 after having opened the day at $37.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.05. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: US Global Investors ( GROW), down 5%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), down 4.8%, Asset Acceptance Capital Corporation ( AACC), down 4.6%, and Janus Capital Group ( JNS), down 4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CIT Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.