The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV):
|WHAT:||News conference announcing a joint initiative of the Travelers Foundation, the charitable arm of The Travelers Companies, Inc., the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety and Habitat for Humanity International to build affordable, wind-resistant homes.|
|WHEN:||Monday, Dec. 10, 2012|
|8:30 a.m.||B-roll opportunities as construction begins|
|10:30 a.m.||Remarks and house tour to review FORTIFIED features and their contributions to the house’s ability to withstand severe wind storms. Experts below will be available for comment during this time.|
|WHERE:||667 Seal Boulevard, Bay St. Louis, MS|
- Wendy McDonald, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity Bay-Waveland
- Eric M. Nelson, Vice President of Enterprise Catastrophe and Analysis, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Marlene Ibsen, CEO and President of the Travelers Foundation, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Remington “Rem” Brown, Senior Engineering Manager, IBHS
- Doug Harper, Corporate Development Director, Habitat for Humanity International
- Russ Griffith, Senior Construction Specialist, Habitat for Humanity International
|IN MORE DETAIL:|
|As part of $500,000 in grants provided to Habitat for Humanity by the Travelers Foundation in 2012, Travelers funded eight pilot Habitat builds, which are now underway in Alabama and Mississippi. The homes will be built in accordance with IBHS’ FORTIFIED construction standards, which provide practical, meaningful structural upgrades to strengthen new, as well as existing, homes. Travelers also is funding the development of IBHS training programs and materials to support Habitat affiliates’ efforts to build safer, wind-resistant homes in partnership with low-income families.|