Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. First Horizon National ( FHN) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, First Horizon National fell 10 cents (-1.1%) to $9.46 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.2 million shares of First Horizon National exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.44-$9.61 after having opened the day at $9.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.56. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: First Financial Service Corporation ( FFKY), down 25.3%, Old Second Bancorp ( OSBC), down 15.1%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 7.9%, and Magyar Bancorp ( MGYR), down 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full First Horizon Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.