Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated ( MHP) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated rose $1.40 (2.7%) to $53.11 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.60-$53.27 after having opened the day at $51.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.71. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ( MSO), up 10.5%, Entravision Communications Corporation ( EVC), up 10.3%, KIT Digital ( KITD), up 9.4%, and Dolan ( DM), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full McGraw-Hill Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.