Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. General Growth Properties ( GGP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, General Growth Properties rose 26 cents (1.4%) to $19.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of General Growth Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.08-$19.63 after having opened the day at $19.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.11. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Oak Ridge Financial Services ( BKOR), up 26.3%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), up 20.2%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), up 9.8%, and Greene County Bancorp ( GCBC), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Growth Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.