AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 143 million active users, today announced it has updated AVG AntiVirus for Android™ and launched the new AVG Safe Browser for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod® touch. “AVG views mobile as a strategic focus area and since the launch of our first mobile security product in 2010, we have seen immense growth in this sector,” said JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies. “We were the first to provide a free security app for Android devices and today we are very excited to announce a new sleeker and easier to use interface on our very popular Android AntiVirus product. Also today we are launching AVG Safe Browser for iOS, delivering against our multiplatform strategy. This new browser brings AVG’s LinkScanner® and AVG Do Not Track technology to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.” Updated AntiVirus for Android The main eye catcher in AVG AntiVirus for Android version 3.0.2 is the new user interface. Based on extensive user feedback, the new design brings a fresh look and feel, and easier to use app.
- New design: sleeker & easier-to-use interface
- Faster and more efficient access to features, tools and sub-categories
- New dashboard
- New categories & menus
- Protection – the App and File Scanner protect the mobile device against threats, the Settings Scanner helps to optimize security, SMS Filtering keeps messaging free of scams and Safe Web Surfing protects against suspicious sites before a user lands on them.
- Performance – Tune Up and Task Killer optimize performance.
- Anti-theft – Find and protect a phone if lost or stolen by locating, locking, displaying an onscreen message and wiping it.
- Privacy – App Locker protects your apps from prying eyes by enabling you to lock and secure them individually from being accessed by other people using your phone.
AVG Safe Browser for iOS also features AVG Do Not Track technology to inform the user which sites are tracking them online and allowing the user to block the ad tracking. AVG believes that making users aware of online privacy is a logical extension to its leading security products. While tracking is not inherently bad, it can be used to collect and share data with third-party companies, a practice that consumers are growing increasingly concerned about and more aware of. The new AVG Do Not Track feature will be turned on by default and will enable users to actively block some advertising networks from sharing data.Press kits with fact sheets and images are available from: http://mediacenter.avg.com/en/press-tools/avg-for-mobile/avg-antivirus-for-android.html http://mediacenter.avg.com/en/press-tools/avg-for-mobile/avg-safe-browser-for-iOS.html About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG) AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 143 million active users as of September 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc. iPhone®, iPad®, iPod®, and Apple® are trademarks of Apple, Inc. registered in the United States and in other countries.All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- Visit the AVG Media Center at: mediacenter.avg.com
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797