Today, at the AWS Re: Invent conference, Citrix announced the immediate availability of Citrix NetScaler®, the company’s advanced cloud networking platform, and Citrix CloudBridge™, an innovative solution for enterprises to connect securely, transparently, and with high-performance to Amazon Web Services (AWS), via both “bring your own license” and pay-as-you-use on the AWS Marketplace. Both solutions come in a virtual form factor that can be deployed directly on AWS. Together, they make it easier and more cost effective for enterprises to seamlessly extend their enterprise network to AWS, deploy the same L4-7 network stack on AWS that they use on-premise, ultimately making AWS a natural extension of their own IT infrastructure or optimizing production deployments that are solely on the cloud. Companies everywhere are looking for effective strategies to harness the benefits of cloud computing without disrupting their current business models. As customers look to adopt business-ready cloud services, they will require a combination of the elasticity and flexibility they expect of third-party cloud offerings, and the powerful advanced networking services used within their enterprise cloud datacenters. NetScaler for Amazon Web Services lets customers deploy the same advanced L4-7 services used to ensure the availability, scalability and security of the largest public and private clouds onto Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) within Amazon EC2. Customers get the infinite scalability, elasticity and security of Amazon VPC and the full complement of NetScaler application availability, acceleration, offload and security functionality, all on demand. Citrix is focused on making it easy for enterprises to connect their datacenters and private clouds. CloudBridge makes it easier for enterprises to transparently bridge their enterprise network to AWS by simplifying application migration, adding additional security layers, mitigating network latency, and minimizing required application or network modifications. Citrix CloudBridge for Amazon Web Services will allow companies to move production workloads securely and transparently between private datacenters and the AWS Cloud. They will also be able to consume CloudBridge on a usage-based model through the AWS Marketplace, making it easy to set up short-term cloud projects with no infrastructure investment. This approach allows customers implementing hybrid infrastructure spanning their own datacenters as well as AWS to use the same cloud networking platform in both, significantly easing the transition of applications and workloads between the two.
Enabling Key Cloud Use CasesAvailability of NetScaler and CloudBridge on AWS enables a broad set of use cases for enterprise IT:
- Customers running production on-premise, but using AWS for dev/test can now include NetScaler within their AWS test environments, speeding time-to-production due to better mimicry of the production environment within their test environments.
- Customers with hybrid infrastructure spanning their own data centers and AWS can use the same cloud networking platform in both, significantly easing the transition of applications and workloads back and forth between their own datacenters and AWS.
- Customers looking to use AWS as part of their business continuity plans can rely upon NetScaler GSLB to run both on-premise or within AWS to continuously monitor availability of both enterprise datacenters and AWS environments, while CloudBridge optimizes data transfer and synchronization between various on-premise datacenters and AWS environments.
- Customers optimizing and securing full production workloads in AWS through application acceleration, load balancing, application delivery networking, and application firewall.
Klaus Oestermann, Group Vice President and General Manager, Cloud Networking Group, Citrix“Citrix and Amazon have collaborated together for years on cloud, cloud networking, and desktop virtualization. We are pleased to extend that collaboration to include the delivery of Citrix NetScaler and Citrix CloudBridge on Amazon Web Services. NetScaler provides the world’s most advanced cloud networking platform powering more than 75 percent of internet-based companies. With the NetScaler solution for Amazon Web Services, we are delivering the same services used to ensure the availability, scalability and security of the largest public and private clouds to customer environments in AWS.” Availability NetScaler and CloudBridge on AWS are available immediately, with on-demand availability via the AWS Marketplace. Customers may also “bring their own” perpetual licenses and deploy them on AWS as well. Related Links
- Nov. 5 news announcement: Citrix Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant for 2012 Application Delivery Controllers Magic Quadrant
- Oct. 17 news announcement: Cisco and Citrix Extend Partnership into Networking, Cloud and Mobility
- Oct. 3 News announcement: Citrix Opens Up NetScaler SDX Platform to Bring App Intelligence to SDN
- Expert blog: “The Networking Platform that Runs the Cloud, Now Available on the Cloud” by Morgan Gerhart, Cloud Networking Group, Citrix
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.Citrix®, NetScaler® and CloudBridge™ are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.