Enabling Key Cloud Use CasesAvailability of NetScaler and CloudBridge on AWS enables a broad set of use cases for enterprise IT:
- Customers running production on-premise, but using AWS for dev/test can now include NetScaler within their AWS test environments, speeding time-to-production due to better mimicry of the production environment within their test environments.
- Customers with hybrid infrastructure spanning their own data centers and AWS can use the same cloud networking platform in both, significantly easing the transition of applications and workloads back and forth between their own datacenters and AWS.
- Customers looking to use AWS as part of their business continuity plans can rely upon NetScaler GSLB to run both on-premise or within AWS to continuously monitor availability of both enterprise datacenters and AWS environments, while CloudBridge optimizes data transfer and synchronization between various on-premise datacenters and AWS environments.
- Customers optimizing and securing full production workloads in AWS through application acceleration, load balancing, application delivery networking, and application firewall.
Klaus Oestermann, Group Vice President and General Manager, Cloud Networking Group, Citrix“Citrix and Amazon have collaborated together for years on cloud, cloud networking, and desktop virtualization. We are pleased to extend that collaboration to include the delivery of Citrix NetScaler and Citrix CloudBridge on Amazon Web Services. NetScaler provides the world’s most advanced cloud networking platform powering more than 75 percent of internet-based companies. With the NetScaler solution for Amazon Web Services, we are delivering the same services used to ensure the availability, scalability and security of the largest public and private clouds to customer environments in AWS.” Availability NetScaler and CloudBridge on AWS are available immediately, with on-demand availability via the AWS Marketplace. Customers may also “bring their own” perpetual licenses and deploy them on AWS as well. Related Links
- Nov. 5 news announcement: Citrix Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant for 2012 Application Delivery Controllers Magic Quadrant
- Oct. 17 news announcement: Cisco and Citrix Extend Partnership into Networking, Cloud and Mobility
- Oct. 3 News announcement: Citrix Opens Up NetScaler SDX Platform to Bring App Intelligence to SDN
- Expert blog: “ The Networking Platform that Runs the Cloud, Now Available on the Cloud” by Morgan Gerhart, Cloud Networking Group, Citrix
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.Citrix®, NetScaler® and CloudBridge™ are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.