- Motorola’s Secure Access solution makes in-store customer hotspot registration a simple one-time process, and the captive portal then automatically authorizes that user’s device for future visits to any store within the chain.
- The secure WPA2/AES encryption enables shoppers to keep their browsing private, securely access cloud-based shopping lists, make mobile payments from their smartphones and perform a wide variety of WLAN functions such as download mobile coupons, get self help and watch product videos directly from their Wi-Fi connection.
- Motorola’s analytics solution provides real-time information across all store locations about a shopper’s behavior, including automated check-in, types of Wi-Fi-connected devices being used, frequency of visits and time spent in the store.
- Analytics also give retailers access to the history of active users and their activity across stores, including a summary of websites and search terms most commonly used, products browsed and online product purchases. This level of analytics empowers retailers to turn shoppers into buyers by gaining insight into their needs, habits, tendencies and more.
- Retailers can implement secure mobile point-of-sale and self-checkout with 802.1x device authentication and use a WiNG 5 ICSA-certified firewall along with Motorola’s AirDefense for Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standard compliance.
- The AP 6522 is a multipurpose access point designed to lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n WLAN. With its WiNG 5 intelligence, this access point offers high throughput along with direct forwarding, security, QoS services and site survivability.
SUPPORTING RESOURCESWebsite: Motorola Wireless LAN Solutions Website: Motorola Retail Solutions Website: Motorola Global Solutions and Services Twitter: @MotWireless Twitter: @MotoRetail Video: The Role of Wireless Networks in the Future of Retail White Paper: 6 Strategies to Ensure Your Wireless Network Delivers Enhanced Experiences About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.