The UPS Store ® knows that despite being called “the most wonderful time of the year,” the four short weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas can also be the most hectic. Whether you’re shipping gifts to family and friends or shopping online, The UPS Store can help you keep the holiday season hassle-free. And, with more than 4,300 The UPS Store locations in the U.S., chances are there is one in your neighborhood. Customers can rely on The UPS Store to expertly pack and ship their loved one’s gifts in time for the holidays, helping customers check-off one important task on their holiday to-do list. Additionally, The UPS Store guarantees customers’ gifts will arrive safely via The UPS Store’s Pack & Ship Guarantee ®, which reimburses customers for the item’s value and full retail price paid for packaging materials and service.* For customers who prefer to pack their own holiday shipments, The UPS Store carries all needed packing materials, including cardboard boxes, tape and packing peanuts. To help ensure customers safely package their gifts, The UPS Store offers the following tips:
- Use at least two inches of packaging peanuts on each side of your item.
- Use packing tape on all package seams – do not use masking, cellophane or duct tape.
- Make sure the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are visible both inside and outside of the package.
- Use a new box to provide additional protection for your items. Do not use old boxes or gift boxes to ship gifts, or any string or wrapping paper on the outside of the package.
- Take batteries out of items before shipping.