- F5 ADN services operate seamlessly in the cloud – BIG-IP virtual editions are being made available to a growing number of customers seeking to leverage cloud offerings. Availability for AWS expands on F5’s broad support for virtualized and cloud environments based on vSphere, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Enterprises can confidently take advantage of cloud resources – AWS customers can easily add F5’s market-leading availability, optimization, and security services to support cloud and hybrid deployment models.
- IT teams are able to easily scale application environments – Production and lab versions of BIG-IP virtual editions for AWS enable IT teams to move smoothly from testing and development into production to support essential business applications. Customers can leverage their existing BIG-IP configuration and policies and apply them to BIG-IP running on AWS.
- F5 has the greatest market share for the advanced application delivery controller (ADC) market, deployed within the enterprise and service providers markets. According to Gartner, Inc., F5 has 59.1% market share based on Q2 2012 worldwide revenue. 1
- F5’s initial product offering will use the AWS “bring your own license” (BYOL) model, which allows customers to buy perpetual licenses from F5 and then apply these licenses to instances running in AWS. To evaluate or purchase BIG-IP software modules, customers should contact their local F5 sales office.
“Enterprises want the flexibility and scale of cloud services, yet they can struggle with application complexity and sufficient control,” said Rohit Mehra, VP of Network Infrastructure at IDC. “The challenge lies in easily expanding IT’s service portfolio with cloud and hybrid capabilities while keeping the applications fast, secure, and available. BIG-IP’s native availability inside Amazon Web Services allows enterprises to deeply embed a strategic awareness of how applications behave in cloud adoption scenarios.”To learn more about how F5 enables organizations to realize the full potential of cloud computing, visit F5 (booth #406) at the AWS re: Invent conference. During the event, Siva Mandalam from F5 will deliver a presentation focused on “Optimizing Enterprise Applications and User Access in the Cloud” at 1 p.m. PT on Wednesday, November 28. Availability BIG-IP solutions for AWS will be available for purchase by the end of calendar year 2012. Additional Resources
- Now Playing on AWS: BIG-IP – DevCentral Blog Post
- F5 Cloud Computing Solutions
- F5 BIG-IP for AWS SlideShare Presentation
- F5 DevCentral Guru Panel on Cloud and Virtualization
- Cloud and Virtualization Group on DevCentral
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.