Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Cameron International Corporation (NYSE: CAM) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.18, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 35.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $164.50 million to $223.60 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 70.48% to $178.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CAMERON INTERNATIONAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.34%.
- CAMERON INTERNATIONAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 34.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMERON INTERNATIONAL CORP reported lower earnings of $2.09 versus $2.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $2.09).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade