The report showcases both industry waste and the Industrial Internet opportunity:HEALTHCARE
- The global cost of healthcare inefficiency is at least $731 billion per year
- A 1 percent improvement in efficiency would lead to $63 billion global healthcare savings over 15 years.
- Globally, $1.9 trillion is spent on energy annually
- Just a 1% savings per year in power generation is equal to $20 billion annually; $300 billion in over 15 years
- Globally, transportation logistics costs are estimated to be $6 trillion per year, or approximately 10% of global GDP. The commercial transportation system accounts for $300 billion of this total
- Industrial Internet applications can reduce commercial transportation asset and operations management costs by 10 percent, yielding $5.6 billion per year in savings
- The total cost of waste in airline operations today is $284 billion per year
- In the aviation industry, a 1% reduction in jet fuel use from the Industrial Internet could yield about $30 billion in fuel savings over 15 years.