- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- MCRL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, MCRL has a quick ratio of 2.47, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MICREL INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.10%. Regardless of MCRL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MCRL's net profit margin of 7.40% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- MICREL INC's earnings per share declined by 46.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MICREL INC reported lower earnings of $0.54 versus $0.82 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 40.7% in earnings ($0.32 versus $0.54).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 49.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $9.21 million to $4.69 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!.