- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 106.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $154.00 million to -$10.00 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, BEST BUY CO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BEST BUY CO INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.10% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $101.00 million or 90.73% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.49, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.23 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!.