Deals that are being offered by retailers offer valuable insight for investors looking for products that could be a hit this season. If it were like any other holiday season in the past, technology gadgets will once again be on everyone’s wish-list. Yet without anything substantially new in technology entertainment, old products might take the spotlight because they will be heavily discounted. Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, which can generate as much as 40% of a company’s total annual retail sales. We feel this important event deserves a closer look:
Below are some of the Black Friday deals to look at. Microsoft (MSFT) XBox
- At Wal-mart (WMT), a Microsoft (MSFT) 4GB Xbox 360 with a wireless controller and the game Skylanders will be sold for $149.99.
- For $50 more, Best Buy (BBY) is selling a 250GB Xbox 360 for $199.99. The console will have Skyrim and Forza 4: Essentials Edition.
- At Target (TGT), Microsoft Stores, and Amazon.com (AMZN), for $199.99, a 4GB Xbox will include a Kinect sensor and Kinect Disneyland Adventures.
- GameStop (GME) is selling a 250GB Xbox for $249.99. It will include Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 from Activision (ATVI).
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) shares are not yet finding a bottom, after closing at $12.85 recently. Sam’s Club is offering a 14-inch Sleekbook laptop for $399 (6GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, LED display, Intel Core i5 CPU and Windows 8).
- Samsung’s Galaxy S III, which runs Google’s (GOOG) Android, is selling for $0.96 on a two-year contract.
- An LG (LPL) Blue-ray player is $38.
- Apple’s (AAPL) iTunes 4x$25 multipack (worth $100 gift card is $79.88.
KmartFor Black Friday, Kmart is selling:
- Blue Nintendo (NTDOY) DSi for $79.99.
- Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports Resort for $129.99
- HP G6-1d80nr Pavilion laptop (4GB memory, 320GB drive) for $299.99.
- Canon (CAJ) EOS Rebel T3 dSLR camera for $499.
Written by Chris Lau . To interact and discuss these picks or picks of your own with users, attach your watch list or portfolio in a message to your friends on Kapitall. To connect with users on the leaderboard: from your tool bar, select Get Connected -> Top Kaptallists. Members on Kapitall earn free points, and even more points with every Kapitall Generation trade. These points may be redeemed at the Kapitall store.