- Use only one card for all online purchases. Ensure it’s one with a very low monthly balance of $500 or less and that has fraud protection. In addition, also monitor your statements on a regular basis, monthly at a minimum.
- Avoid making purchases or transmitting info over public Wi-Fi networks, as they can offer hackers easy access to data
- Equip mobile devices such as laptops, tablets and smartphones with access passwords and remote locking or wiping capabilities in the event they are lost or stolen
- Shop only from trusted brand-name merchants who use SSL protocol
- Install a simple-to-use, 100% free but highly effective security solution such as AVG Internet Security 2013 for your computer or AVG Mobilation for your smartphone.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 143 million active users as of September 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797