- 432 total shoe floor staff
- 63,000 total square feet, including 39,000 square feet of selling space and 24,000 square feet of stock room space.
- 280,000 pairs of shoes = stock room capacity
- 29 new vendors
- 274 mobile, i-touch scanning devices
- 548 chairs
- History repeats itself—Macy’s original shoe department was created in 1875, and within eight years, was deemed "the largest in the world."
Macy’s Herald Square is New York City’s most iconic department store, welcoming more than 20 million visitors from around the world each year. The world-famous flagship is a retail institution known for its fashion and epic events -- most notably the Annual Macy’s Flower Show ®; Macy's 4th of July Fireworks ® and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade ®. Built in 1902, the “World’s Largest Store” currently houses more than 1 million square-feet of retail space. In 2011, Macy’s Inc. announced that the store will increase its selling space to 1.2 million square-feet following an extensive four-year, 400 million dollar renovation. The renovation will transform the store into one of the most technologically advanced, fashion-forward and exciting destinations in the world with new designer departments, epicurean experiences and multi-level luxury shops.For Macy’s media materials, images and contacts, please visit our online pressroom at www.macys.com/pressroom.