- 43 percent of online retailers found that actual cost of ownership was higher than their projections.
- 67 percent of retailers using a licensed on-premise solution report that they are contractually obligated to acquire additional licenses when reaching a certain threshold of online traffic.
- 78 percent of retailers report that the vendor contract they have in place restricts them from using the technology to expand into new markets.
- 72 percent of retailers surveyed have concerns about the ability of their current ecommerce platform to meet multichannel requirements in supporting future growth initiatives.
- 39 percent of retailers upgrade their ecommerce platform to the latest version only once every two to three years
- 76 percent of the ecommerce leaders surveyed report that each upgrade takes more than a month to complete
Demandware is seeing many leading retailers shifting their businesses to cloud-based ecommerce platforms to benefit from capacity on-demand, seamless upgrades and unconstrained growth possibilities, including Demandware client, Finish Line, a premium retailer of athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. “Our goal is to transform our business, not just maintain it. We want to drive innovation and propel the business. Demandware reduces operational complexity and puts the power in the hands of our users to create world-class brand experiences. It provides customers a better and faster online experience, rather than having technology get in the way,” said Chris Ladd, executive vice president and chief digital officer for Finish Line.“In the first generation of ecommerce, when CIOs had to build everything from scratch, retailers took on major new costs to develop and operate platforms, which over time became assumed – and sometimes forgotten – in the P&L. We believe the study clearly shows that as retailers move forward into a new digital world, they also need to pause and challenge yesterday’s assumptions regarding the costs of ecommerce. It’s time to think differently,” said Jamus Driscoll, senior VP of marketing for Demandware. Learn More
- Download the complete study, “Understanding TCO When Evaluating eCommerce Solutions”
- Register for the free, live webinar taking place December 12 th at 12:00pm EST – “The True Costs and Barriers to The Growth of eCommerce Technology” with Peter Sheldon, senior analyst, Forrester Consulting
About DemandwareDemandware (NYSE: DWRE) is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 1-888-553-9216 or email email@example.com. Connect With Us