Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development and deployment of business applications, today announced the release of DataDirect Connect® for JDBC 5.1 and DataDirect Connect® XE for JDBC 5.1. Both offerings enable fast, secure, and highly scalable connectivity for a broad spectrum of data sources, which now include cloud databases such as Microsoft SQL Azure™, IBM DB2 10.1, IBM DB2 pureScale 9.8, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012. This type of connectivity exemplifies Progress Software’s goal to help companies better access their data whether on premise, or in the cloud. In today’s fast-paced world, organizations are looking for better ways to enhance customer experiences and analyze available data for more focused revenue opportunities. Crucial to that success is highly efficient and performant data connectivity across a wide variety of data sources, both on-premise and in the cloud. The improved DataDirect® JDBC drivers handle communications and memory usage in a novel way – resulting in significant increases in both performance and efficiency. Memory and CPU usage is reduced overall while throughput levels are raised, which translates into reduced operating costs. In addition to these advances in high-performance SQL access using JDBC, the new releases of the DataDirect Connect drivers include the following features:
- Cloud database connectivity, with high-performance support for the Microsoft SQL Azure database, enabling efficient SQL access to Microsoft’s relational database service in the cloud.
- Expanded database coverage, with advanced support and certification:
- IBM DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, including SQL enhancements and support for Time Travel Queries
- IBM DB2 pureScale 9.8
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, including SQL enhancements and protocol upgrade.
- Expanded native database security for Oracle Advanced Security (OAS), including support for ten additional encryption algorithms.
About Progress Software CorporationProgress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or on any Cloud, on any platform and on any device with minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress Software can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000. Follow Progress Software on Twitter: @ProgressSW Follow Progress DataDirect on Twitter: @DataDirect_News Progress and DataDirect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Any other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.