Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Praxair (NYSE: PX) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A- . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 0.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $429.00 million to $430.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, PRAXAIR INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- 42.50% is the gross profit margin for PRAXAIR INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.50% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $746.00 million or 1.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PRAXAIR INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.17%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!