"We are refocusing on our core diagnostic information services business and on driving operational excellence and restoring growth," continued Mr. Rusckowski. "In addition, we are pleased with progress we are making simplifying the organization, based upon the reorganization announced in October."In addition, Quest Diagnostics reiterated its expectations for 2012 results from continuing operations, before special items and before the anticipated impact of Hurricane Sandy. More specifically, the company expects:
- Revenues to grow approximately 0.5%;
- Earnings per diluted share to be between $4.45 and $4.55;
- Operating income as a percentage of revenues to approximate 18%;
- Cash provided by operations to approximate $1.2 billion; and
- Capital expenditures to approximate $180 million.