Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Rockwell Collins ( COL) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Rockwell Collins rose 69 cents (1.3%) to $54.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Rockwell Collins exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 990,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.68-$54.83 after having opened the day at $53.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.72. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: AerCap Holdings N.V ( AER), up 4.2%, Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 3.7%, Edac Technologies Corporation ( EDAC), up 2.8%, and LMI Aerospace ( LMIA), up 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Rockwell Collins Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.