- Hang Photos Like You Would Art: Edit down your photo selection until you are expressing your desired sentiment.
- Life is More Than One Photo Shoot: Rather than adorning the entire house with a single set of photos from a wedding or baby's arrival, incorporate many events to tell your story with a collage of photos.
- Put Up Portraits: Familiar faces bring an element of comfort to a home. Depending on your design, choose candid imagery or posed shots to evoke certain emotions. Also, shoot for silhouettes or shadows if you want to take a more artistic approach.
- Use Photo Filters: Create uniformity between generations of photographs or an array of subject matter by making all of the images black and white or applying a filter like sepia.
- Showcase Your Passions: Surround yourself with pictures of the things you love and get creative in your installation — build out an ever-growing hall of travel photos, pay homage to your favorite sports team by dedicating the staircase walls to those images, or create a photo book for the coffee table filled with everything you love.
- Holiday Cards as Décor: Get creative in displaying your holiday cards this season, such as a DIY arrangement of cards hanging from branches in a vase or holiday cards on a wreath.
**"All survey data, unless otherwise stated, has been derived from a survey administered by Decipher, Inc. among a U.S. sample of 1000 adults age 18 years or older, April 2012."Product Images Available: http://www.shutterfly.com/about/prs_sub_screens.jsp