Shutterfly, the market leader in digital personalized photo products and services, is your go-to holiday destination with picture perfect ideas for personalizing and decorating your home this season. In a recent survey*, nearly 90 percent of people told Shutterfly that photos are an essential home décor element used throughout their home. Survey respondents also said they want new and fresh ways to display their photos, with 44 percent looking for ways beyond traditional picture frames to display their photos. And in another survey**, 70 percent of respondents said that their favorite gift was “from the heart” or “something unique that couldn’t be bought in a store.” Just in time for holiday festivities and family gatherings, Shutterfly has everything you need to use photos as inspiration to create meaningful gifts and stylish home décor.
- Hang Photos Like You Would Art: Edit down your photo selection until you are expressing your desired sentiment.
- Life is More Than One Photo Shoot: Rather than adorning the entire house with a single set of photos from a wedding or baby's arrival, incorporate many events to tell your story with a collage of photos.
- Put Up Portraits: Familiar faces bring an element of comfort to a home. Depending on your design, choose candid imagery or posed shots to evoke certain emotions. Also, shoot for silhouettes or shadows if you want to take a more artistic approach.
- Use Photo Filters: Create uniformity between generations of photographs or an array of subject matter by making all of the images black and white or applying a filter like sepia.
- Showcase Your Passions: Surround yourself with pictures of the things you love and get creative in your installation — build out an ever-growing hall of travel photos, pay homage to your favorite sports team by dedicating the staircase walls to those images, or create a photo book for the coffee table filled with everything you love.
- Holiday Cards as Décor: Get creative in displaying your holiday cards this season, such as a DIY arrangement of cards hanging from branches in a vase or holiday cards on a wreath.
**"All survey data, unless otherwise stated, has been derived from a survey administered by Decipher, Inc. among a U.S. sample of 1000 adults age 18 years or older, April 2012."Product Images Available: http://www.shutterfly.com/about/prs_sub_screens.jsp