- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $30.16 million or 6.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MATTHEWS INTL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -123.89%.
- 41.80% is the gross profit margin for MATTHEWS INTL CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MATW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MATW's net profit margin of 7.20% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, MATW has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.43% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, MATTHEWS INTL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!.