Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Southwestern Energy Company ( SWN) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Southwestern Energy Company rose $1.14 (3.4%) to $35.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.1 million shares of Southwestern Energy Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.68-$35.57 after having opened the day at $33.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.96. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Emerald Oil ( EOX), up 270.2%, ZaZa Energy ( ZAZA), up 32.1%, BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 17.9%, and Torch Energy Royalty ( TRU), up 13.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Southwestern Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.