Delta's Veterans Employee Network collected letters and coordinated care packages for service members stationed abroad through a partnership with The Coca-Cola Company and the USO. Delta flight attendants also collected more than 3,000 thank you letters to send to those serving our country this Thanksgiving.Delta and the U.S. Armed Forces Delta's commitment to military service members extends year-round across the travel experience and includes:
- Volunteer efforts at USO lounges across the U.S., including contributing to the establishment of a permanent USO lounge in Detroit Metropolitan Airport's McNamara Terminal;
- Operating more than 2,000 military charter flights in 2012;
- Donating millions of miles to military support organizations like the Fisher House Foundation and USO;
- Recognizing military members in uniform by providing First Class and BusinessElite® upgrades when seats are available, as well as priority boarding and complimentary Delta Sky Club access nationwide;
- The Delta Honor Guard, an employee-led group at more than a dozen U.S. airports that administers flag ceremonies and uses specially themed patriotic ground equipment to transport fallen heroes returning home; and
- A pledge to hire more veterans by 2020 as part of its participation in the 100,000 Jobs Mission.