SC12 -– Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX) (TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that the company continued its lead as the global interconnect solution provider for the TOP500 list of supercomputers with InfiniBand further growing as the top interconnect of choice for the TOP500 with 224 clusters. From June 2012 to November 2012, the number of FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand systems increased by nearly 2.3X, including the top two ranked InfiniBand systems on the list, showing the increasing demand for higher performance, scalability and efficiency. The new list showcased the expansion of InfiniBand connecting cloud infrastructures. InfiniBand enables the most efficient cloud infrastructure on the list, more than 30 percent higher efficiency than other cloud solutions listed. Furthermore, Mellanox ConnectX® InfiniBand adapters and switch systems optimize server and storage performance and provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers, connecting 43 percent (10 systems) of all PetaScale based systems (23 systems). The advanced offloads and accelerations within Mellanox InfiniBand solutions enable the most performance efficient system on the TOP500 list, at nearly 96 percent system and CPU efficiency. “Mellanox’s scalable InfiniBand solutions provide the highest systems utilization in the TOP500 for both high-performance computing and clouds. As the most used interconnect for the TOP500 list and the world’s Petascale systems, Mellanox InfiniBand solutions provide the best return-on-investment,” said Eyal Waldman, president, chairman and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “We are proud to have the most efficient cloud be interconnected with InfiniBand and expect to see more cloud infrastructures adopt InfiniBand as their compute and storage interconnect. We're seeing the cost per cloud or hosted services per transaction/user reduced when using RDMA technology, on either InfiniBand or Ethernet with our Virtual Protocol Interconnect® technology, due to its efficiency and utilization improvements.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the November 2012 TOP500 list include:
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect on the list, connecting 224 systems, nearly 20 percent more than the 189 Ethernet connected systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, up to 96 percent system utilization.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP500: 52 percent of the TOP100, 53 percent of the TOP200, 50 percent of the TOP300, 46 percent of the TOP400 and 45 percent of the TOP500.
- FDR InfiniBand is the fastest growing interconnect technology on the TOP500 with a 2.3X increase in number of systems versus the June 2012 TOP500 list.
- InfiniBand connects 43 percent of the world’s most powerful Petaflop systems on the list.
- InfiniBand connects 7.5X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP500 systems and 3X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP100 systems.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 82 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end InfiniBand scalable HPC solutions accelerate 86 percent of the accelerator-based systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial, technical computing and enterprise data centers.
- Learn more about Mellanox InfiniBand Switches and Adapter Cards
- Learn more about Mellanox Switch Management and Storage Fabric Software
- Learn more about Mellanox Copper and Fiber Cables
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter and Facebook