- Total revenues increased 5.8% to $128.2 million compared to $121.2 million in the prior year period;
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 7.0% at Pollo Tropical and 1.8% at Taco Cabana;
- Comparable restaurant guest traffic increased 5.9% at Pollo Tropical and 0.6% at Taco Cabana;
- Three new company-owned restaurants opened, including one Pollo Tropical restaurant and two Taco Cabana restaurants; and
- Net Income increased $1.2 million to $3.6 million in the third quarter of 2012, or $0.16 per diluted share, compared to net income of $2.4 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011.
Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. (“Fiesta” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: FRGI), the owner, operator, and franchisor of the Pollo Tropical® and Taco Cabana® fast-casual restaurant brands, today reported results for the third quarter of 2012 which ended on September 30, 2012. Fiesta also provided certain initial operating targets for 2013. Highlights of Third Quarter 2012 Results Include: