- Patients required a mean of less than one oxycodone/acetaminophen tablet per day from their discharge until their day 10 visit.
- 100 percent of the available subjects reported being either satisfied or extremely satisfied with their postsurgical pain control at hospital discharge, at 72 hours and on day 10.
- When retrospectively compared to a 2011 study of patients who received a TAP infiltration of bupivacaine HCl, patients administered EXPAREL in the same fashion had similar or better pain scores with a reduced requirement for opioids.
Findings indicate that inadequately controlled postsurgical pain is ubiquitous:
- More than 85 percent of the patients surveyed reported experiencing postsurgical pain.
- Seventy-five percent of patients reporting pain characterized it as moderate, severe or extreme.
- Seventy-nine percent of patients reported experiencing side effects from pain medications, with the majority of those side effects appearing to be opioid-related.
Please see the full Prescribing Information for more details available at www.EXPAREL.com.