Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. SL Green Realty Corporation ( SLG) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, SL Green Realty Corporation rose $1.06 (1.4%) to $74.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of SL Green Realty Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 583,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.45-$74.76 after having opened the day at $74.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.37. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: CreXus Investment ( CXS), up 12%, Chimera Investment Corporation ( CIM), up 8.6%, Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 7.8%, and IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones ( IRS), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full SL Green Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.