Additionally, in 2012, the Cigna Foundation provided more than $150,000 to help veterans heal the wounds of war:
- Veterans Group Grant to cover food costs for 2012 at The Veterans Group, a homeless shelter for veterans in Philadelphia;
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill / Washington DC Family to Family Military, modifying existing mental health programs to meet the needs of returning military/families;
- Lone Survivor Foundation Grant to support the therapeutic and distinctive opportunities for recovery to wounded soldiers, their families and surviving families;
- Veterans' National Education Program Post 9/11 Education and Outreach Project; and
- Pets for Vets Companions for Heroes, which matches shelter dogs to armed forces veterans.