"It was a big decision. Every dance company in the United States has something to offer, and that's wonderful," she said. "But companies can change; education is a permanent thing."Dance minors currently taking courses at the USC School of Dramatic Arts will continue studying with their faculty instructors in the Kaufman School program beginning on July 1, 2013. Construction of the new building is scheduled to begin in 2014, and the school plans to admit its first class of dance majors in fall 2015. Applicants will be accepted into the school based on a rigorous audition process as well as demonstrated academic excellence. These students will earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts in dance, and also have the opportunity to double major or minor in other disciplines across the university. About the USC arts schools:
- A faculty of internationally recognized artists at the USC Roski School of Fine Arts offers a progressive approach for experimentation in all forms of visual arts. The school, founded in 1883, is the region's oldest art school.
- The USC Thornton School of Music is the collegiate partner of choice for the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Los Angeles Opera, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, the GRAMMY Foundation and The Recording Academy, among others.
- The USC School of Cinematic Arts is the premier educational environment for study in film, television and interactive media. Founded in 1929, its nearly 11,000 alumni include many of the industry's key figures.
- The first accredited school of architecture in Southern California, the USC School of Architecture has a strong relationship to practicing architects in sustainable building, planning, historic preservation and landscape architecture.
- In a close-knit, supportive environment, the top-ranked USC School of Dramatic Arts blends artistic training in a conservatory environment with the full academic experience found at a major research university.