Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Progressive Corporation ( PGR) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Progressive Corporation rose 26 cents (1.2%) to $22.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.2 million shares of Progressive Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of five million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.97-$22.48 after having opened the day at $22.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.09. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Porter Bancorp ( PBIB), up 12.1%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 10.3%, Credit Suisse ( UOIL), up 8.4%, and Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Progressive Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.