“H3G’s selection of Sonus solutions underlines the increasing understanding that significant businesses in EMEA, like H3G, have that the future lies in SIP,” said Serge Adam, vice president EMEA at Sonus. “The Sonus SBC 5000 series is designed to deliver the next-generation needs of SIP communications by delivering interworking, embedded media transcoding, robust security and advanced call routing in a high-performance, small form-factor device.”Other Facts:
- H3G is the fastest growing mobile operator in Austria and a subsidiary of Hutchison Whampoa Limited, a $25 billion conglomerate employing 250 million people over 52 countries.
- In 2011, H3G was named “Best Network In Austria” after scoring the highest ever Connect-Test rating. H3G Austria also achieved the highest 3G network ranking across Europe’s German-speaking region.
- In October 2012, H3G maintained its number one position in the Connect-Test network performance testing, achieving a score of 466 out of 500 points.
- The Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 have been performance verified by Miercom. To access the reports visit www.sonus.net/miercom.
- Sonus has been the fastest-growing SBC vendor in the service provider market since 2011 with industry leading 13.3% share point gain since 1Q’11 (source: Infonetics Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers,” 2Q12 report).
- Sonus recently published the first-edition of the Session Border Controllers For Dummies ® reference book in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 recently received the “2012 NGN Leadership Award” presented by the TMC publications INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility.
- Download a complimentary copy of Session Border Controllers For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies ® book series
- Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
- Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
About Sonus Networks:Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. About Hutchison 3G Austria: Hutchison 3G Austria GmbH is wholly owned by Hutchison Whampoa Limited in Hong Kong and started in May 2003 with the brand 3 as the first sole UMTS-provider in Austria. With 94% UMTS-coverage, the 3MegaNetwork is Austria‘s largest UMTS-network and covers 99% of the Austrian population with basic services. 3 aims to make the most modern mobile communication services available to customers – innovative, easily comprehensible and with an outstanding price-performance ratio. Voice telephony in HD-quality, mobile broadband internet, numerous multimedia-proposals like 3MobileTV and the best network in Austria are among the most attractive offerings of 3. The 3MegaNetwork has won the connect-test twice (2011 and 2012), which has certified 3 as the best network in Austria. Hutchison 3G Austria GmbH has1.5 million customers (as per July 2012) and the 3group has 22.23 million customers in Europe as a whole (as per July 2012). Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.