|GREAT PLAINS ENERGY INCORPORATED|
|Consolidated Earnings and Earnings Per Share|
|Three Months Ended September 30|
|Earnings per Great|
|Earnings||Plains Energy Share|
|Less: Net income attributable to noncontrolling interest||(0.2||)||(0.1||)||-||-|
|Net income attributable to Great Plains Energy||146.2||126.5||0.95||0.91|
|Earnings available for common shareholders||$||145.8||$||126.1||$||0.95||$||0.91|
- The 2011 results included a $0.09 loss from the effect of coal conservation activities and other related expenses due to Missouri River flooding;
- An estimated impact of $0.06 from favorable weather;
- An approximate $0.06 decrease in interest expense primarily due to the retirement of $500 million of 11.875 percent senior notes that matured in early July 2012 and a lower interest rate on the refinanced debt that was underlying Great Plains Energy’s Equity Units; and
- A combined impact of $0.01 from other items.
- An estimated $0.09 from lower weather-normalized demand; and
- Approximately $0.09 due to dilution from the issuance of approximately 17.1 million shares of common stock in June 2012 to settle obligations under the purchase contracts underlying the Company’s Equity Units.