- Background information: an explanation of key principles, research, and important concepts for members of the team.
- Practice Biopsy: a self-assessment that covers the expectations of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), URAC, and the Joint Commission. The Practice Biopsy helps practices identify opportunities for improvement or validate efforts already undertaken.
- Case Study: “How It Works in Practice” describes the efforts of a practice as it works through the findings generated through each module.
- Module-specific Resource Library: each module's Resource Library includes relevant references, guides, and sample policies in a variety of formats. The resources from each module are aggregated in a master Resource Library that now includes over 800 sources of information -- a virtual bookshelf to access at any time.
- Reporting functions to help track progress over-time, identify opportunities for improvement and compare practices.
About the American College of PhysiciansThe American College of Physicians ( www.acponline.org) is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States. ACP members include 133,000 internal medicine physicians (internists), related subspecialists, and medical students. Internists specialize in the prevention, detection, and treatment of illness in adults. Follow ACP on Twitter ( www.twitter.com/acpinternists) and Facebook ( www.facebook.com/acpinternists). About WellPoint, Inc. At WellPoint, we believe there is an important connection between our members’ health and well-being—and the value we bring our customers and shareholders. So each day we work to improve the health of our members and their communities. And, we can make a real difference since we have more than 33 million people in our branded health plans, and approximately 64 million people served through our subsidiaries. As an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, WellPoint serves members as the Blue Cross licensee for California; the Blue Cross and Blue Shield licensee for Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area), Nevada, New Hampshire, New York (as the Blue Cross Blue Shield licensee in 10 New York City metropolitan and surrounding counties and as the Blue Cross or Blue Cross Blue Shield licensee in selected upstate counties only), Ohio, Virginia (excluding the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.), and Wisconsin. In a majority of these service areas, WellPoint’s plans do business as Anthem Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia and Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, or Empire Blue Cross (in the New York service areas). WellPoint also serves customers throughout the country as UniCare and in certain California, Arizona and Nevada markets through our CareMore subsidiary. Our 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc. subsidiary offers customers online sales of contact lenses, eyeglasses and other ocular products. Additional information about WellPoint is available at www.wellpoint.com.