CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced new versions of CA IT Asset Manager and CA Service Desk Manager which empower IT organizations to work smarter, mitigate risk and deliver more value to the business. CA IT Asset Manager 12.7 gives IT organizations rich insight into software license entitlements and usage to help mitigate audit risk and reduce over-spend. It also delivers the intelligence and automation necessary to optimize resource allocation, ensure compliance and fulfill audit requirements. New features help customers:
- Quickly identify hardware and software assets in use and/or available;
- More effectively pool and distribute available software licenses and avoid unnecessary additional purchases;
- Mitigate the risks of license audits and reduce the costs of responding to them; and
- Improve financial decision-making and enable more accurate allocation of software costs to business units, locations, projects, etc.
CA Service Desk Manager 12.7CA Service Desk 12.7 features a broad range of enhancements that substantially improve productivity and mitigate change risk. Key enhancements:
- Improve the user experience with mobility features that enable field service teams to take action via PDA’s and iPads to perform support functions;
- Reduce business risk by verifying that CMDB changes are appropriately authorized—and automated corrective policies for those that are not; and
- Increase productivity with ITIL best practice content delivered directly in the form of documents, diagrams and pre-built workflows.