- Net sales were $327.4 million in the quarter ended September 30, 2012, a year-over-year increase of 17.4%, and a sequential increase over the immediately preceding quarter of 10.3%.
- Giving pro forma effect to the May 2012 acquisition of DDi Corp., net sales declined 5.1% year-over-year and 4.0% sequentially.
- Operating income in the quarter ended September 30, 2012 was $4.4 million, or 1.3% of net sales, and operating income includes special charges for i) approximately $5.9 million of restructuring costs reported in connection with recently committed reductions of workforce in the company’s printed circuit board factories in China, ii) approximately $4.0 million of costs related to manufacturing inefficiencies and the insurance deductible portion of inventories damaged in the previously-announced Guangzhou fire incident (“Guangzhou Fire”), iii) approximately $2.5 million of restructuring costs in connection with the previously announced closures of two factories in China, and iv) $0.8 million of costs incurred in connection with mergers, acquisitions and related integration activities. Excluding the effects of the special charges, operating income would have been $17.6 million, or 5.4% of net sales.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the quarter ended September 30, 2012 was $41.2 million or 12.6% of net sales, compared with $40.3 million or 14.5% of net sales in the quarter ended September 30, 2011, and compared with $44.7 million or 15.0% of net sales in the immediately preceding quarter ended June 30, 2012. Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 has not been adjusted to exclude expenses of approximately $3 million for inefficiencies related to the Guangzhou Fire.
- U.S. GAAP loss per basic and diluted share was $(0.49) for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, on approximately 20 million average shares outstanding.
- Adjusted EPS was $0.27 for the quarter, excluding certain non-cash and special income and expense items. Adjusted EPS for the quarters ended September 30, 2011 and June 30, 2012, was $0.50 and $0.75, respectively. Adjusted EPS for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 has not been adjusted to exclude expenses of approximately $3 million for inefficiencies related to the Guangzhou Fire.
Viasystems Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAS), a leading provider of complex multi-layer printed circuit boards and electro-mechanical solutions, today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012. Highlights