AUTOMATION FAIR 2012 (Booth #600) – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today introduced the high-performance MC9190-Z RFID mobile computer, designed for demanding medium- to long-range applications in industrial environments. Ideal for manufacturing, warehouse, and transportation and logistics applications that require reading tags that are often out of sight or more than 10 feet away, the MC9190-Z is one of the longest-range RFID handhelds in its class available on the market. KEY FACTS
- The MC9190-Z handheld RFID reader leverages Motorola’s unique long-range linear antenna that enables more accurate data capture.
- The ergonomic features of the MC9190-Z allow more frequent and accurate inventory-counts to better manage on-the-floor, back-room, warehouse and distribution inventory - reducing out-of-stock and excess inventory carrying costs.
- By offering multi-modal data capture that combines integrated RFID, direct part marking (DPM) and barcode reading, the MC9190-Z provides enterprise customers with a lower total cost of ownership.
- The rugged MC9190-Z can withstand repeated six-foot drops to concrete, meets IP64 standards and features a tough, non-glare LCD colored touch screen for use in virtually any indoor or outdoor environment.
- As part of Rockwell Automation’s Encompass product referencing program, the MC9190-Z will allow joint customers to solve their application challenges and extend the value of their existing solutions.
- Motorola’s MC9190-Z handheld RFID reader is available with the Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage program, providing coverage for normal wear and tear and accidental damage to internal and external components, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses.
James Chan, general manager, Toll Global Logistics“We have been impressed with the capabilities of Motorola Solutions’ new MC9190-Z RFID reader. The larger touch-screen makes it much simpler for our field workers to interact with the device, and the RFID performance is the best that we have seen in a product of its class. We believe it will deliver greater agility and efficiency to our daily operations, resulting in increased value and benefits to our customers.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Motorola Solutions RFID Solutions Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.