- Operating revenues increased 4.6% to $235.4 million in third quarter 2012 and 4.2% to $703.1 million for nine months 2012.
- Net income declined by 3.0% to $48.3 million in third quarter 2012. Net income grew 0.6% to $129.8 million for nine months 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA (defined below) grew by 4.3% to $108.1 million in third quarter 2012 despite the impact of higher severance expenses. For nine months 2012, Adjusted EBITDA grew by 0.9% to $317.9 million. Third quarter 2012 Adjusted EBITDA margin declined slightly to 45.9% from 46.0% and nine months 2012 Adjusted EBITDA margin fell to 45.2% from 46.7%.
- Diluted EPS for third quarter 2012 fell 2.5% to $0.39 and nine months 2012 Diluted EPS was unchanged at $1.05.
- Third quarter 2012 Adjusted EPS (defined below) was unchanged at $0.49. Nine months 2012 Adjusted EPS rose 2.9% to $1.43.
MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading global provider of investment decision support tools, including indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics and corporate governance services, today announced results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012. (Note: Percentage changes are referenced to the comparable period in 2011, unless otherwise noted.)