Q3 2012 Business Highlights (1) :
- On a consolidated basis, Demand Media ranked as a top 20 US web property throughout the first nine months of 2012, ranking as #13 in September 2012, up from #17 in January 2012. Demand Media's web properties reached over 125 million unique users worldwide in September 2012.
- On a standalone basis, eHow.com ranked as the #13 website in the US in September 2012.
- LIVESTRONG.COM/eHow Health ranked as the #3 Health property in the US in September 2012.
- Cracked.com maintained its ranking as the most visited humor site in the US throughout the first half of 2012, with more time spent on the site than any other humor website. The Cracked Network, which includes IndieClick, ranked as the #1 Humor property in the US in September 2012.
|Three months ended September 30,|
|Content & Media Metrics:|
|Owned and operated|
|Page views (1) (in millions)||2,527||3,363||33||%|
|Network of customer websites|
|Page views (1) (in millions)||5,046||4,965||(2||)%|
|RPM ex-TAC (3)||$||1.80||$||2.70||50||%|
|End of Period # of Domains (4) (in millions)||12.2||13.7||12||%|
|Average Revenue per Domain (5)||$||10.20||$||9.99||(2||)%|
|(1)||Page views represent the total number of web pages viewed across (a) our owned and operated websites and/or (b) our network of customer websites, to the extent that the viewed web pages of our customers host the Company's content, social media and/or monetization services.|
|(2)||RPM is defined as Content & Media revenue per one thousand page views.|
|(3)||RPM ex-TAC is defined as Content & Media Revenue ex-TAC per one thousand page views.|
|(4)||Domain is defined as an individual domain name paid for by a third-party customer where the domain name is managed through our Registrar service offering.|
|(5)||Average revenue per domain is calculated by dividing Registrar revenue for a period by the average number of domains registered in that period. Average revenue per domain for partial year periods is annualized.|
|Beginning July 1, 2011, the number of net new domains has been adjusted to include only new registered domains added to our platform for which we have recognized revenue. Excluding the impact of this change, average revenue per domain during the three months ended September 30, 2012 would have increased 1% compared to the corresponding prior-year periods.|
- Owned & Operated page views increased 33% year-over-year, driven primarily by strong traffic growth on eHow.com and LIVE STRONG.COM. Owned & Operated RPMs decreased 11% year-over-year, due primarily to page view growth from lower RPM properties and traffic sources, including growth in mobile traffic.
- Network page views decreased 2% year-over-year to 5.0 billion, due primarily to lower traffic from our social media partners. Network RPM ex-TAC increased 50% year-over-year, reflecting higher revenue from our growing network of content partners, primarily YouTube.
- End of period domains increased 12% year-over-year to 13.7 million, driven primarily by the addition of higher volume customers and continued growth from existing resellers, with average revenue per domain decreasing by 2%, due to a mix shift to higher volume resellers.