FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) today announced an expansion and enhancement of its SenseAware SM service, providing customers with broader international availability and the ability to use the service with carriers outside the FedEx network. The release of the next generation of the SenseAware device, SenseAware 2000, offers customers more accurate near real-time location information, improved cellular connectivity and longer battery life.
- Delta Air Lines (including Delta Connection Carriers)
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines mainline jets
- Third party ground carriers (when used consistently with their rules and regulations)
- Private fleets
- SenseAware 2000: The new device offers customers improved benefits over the original SenseAware 1000 device first offered in November 2009. These include increased battery life, improved GPS technology, and better cellular connectivity.
- Accessories: SenseAware 2000 device is designed to support a temperature probe which has a temperature measurement range of -80°C to 60°C (-112°F to 140°F).
- Route Geo-fences: Customers can now create a geo-fence along the actual route a shipment should follow and set up alerts to notify the customer if the shipment deviates from this pre-established route. This feature is available on ground shipments.
- Environmental Data Specification: When setting up a journey or creating a template, customers can now choose which environmental data, such as temperature, humidity or barometric pressure, is collected. This ensures that the device only collects data for specific environments requested, thus streamlining the amount of information the customer receives.
- Nonevent Geo-fence Triggers: Triggers can be set up to alert or notify customers when geo-fence events do not occur as expected by a specified time. This helps customers determine if a package has gotten off pace or off track.
- Current location of the shipments (when traveling on the ground)
- Accurate temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure readings
- Alerts or notifications when a shipment’s contents have been exposed to light
SenseAware service is available in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the U.K., and Singapore. For more information on SenseAware as well as applicable service restrictions, visit www.senseaware.com.About FedEx Corp. FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $43 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50464844&lang=en