NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.Among his posts this past week, Kass explained why AIG's earnings were so disappointing, detailed a short-term Apple trade and interpreted Friday's economic data. Please
Originally published on Friday, Nov. 2 at 8:32 a.m. EDT.
Taking a Bite Out of Apple
Originally published on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 10:41 a.m. EDT.
- Many of my recent concerns have been discounted in the $110-per-share schmeissing in Apple shares.
- Month-end is probably exaggerating the price fall, as some investors/traders want the stock off of their books.
- Controversy surrounding the recently announced management changes have likely hastened and accelerated the share price decline. These concerns are probably overblown.
- Product concerns are also likely overblown -- though the competitive landscape is changing.
- The technicals! As I have previously written, I believe in charts, especially at important support and resistance lines. Apple's 200-day moving average is $588.70, and I suspect it will hold for now.
Parsing the Data
Originally published on Friday, Nov. 2 at 12:12 p.m. EDT.