Proposition 33 also makes sense for veterans and other individuals who once had insurance, but were forced to let it lapse for a range of personal reasons. In contrast to the present system, many more people will be protected under Proposition 33, including: people who have been laid off or furloughed for up to 18 months and those who need a break in payment for 90 days for any reason.For many reasons, Prop 33 has attracted a wide range of other support, including from California highway patrol officers, firefighters, major veterans' groups, leaders from both parties, ethnic organizations, chambers of commerce and consumer groups:
- Prop. 33 means more insured drivers and safer streets.
- Prop. 33 preserves regulatory oversight of rates.
- Prop. 33 restores consumer choice.
- Prop. 33 protects people whose policies have lapsed due to unemployment, illness or other factors.
- Prop 33 helps Californians in the military.