Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Genuine Parts Company ( GPC) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Genuine Parts Company fell 78 cents (-1.2%) to $62.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 555,202 shares of Genuine Parts Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 739,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.71-$64.39 after having opened the day at $63.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.60. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Shengkai Innovations ( VALV), down 7.6%, Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding Limite ( LPH), down 6.7%, Chindex International ( CHDX), down 6.2%, and Crystal Rock Holdings ( CRVP), down 6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Genuine Parts Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.