Following through on its commitment to support the communities it serves, Western Union, through The Western Union Foundation Agent Gift Match Program, will donate up to USD $400,000 to help support Hurricane Sandy disaster relief efforts. The Western Union Agent Gift Match Program matches one-for-one Agent donations to eligible nonprofit organizations. To date, Western Union Agent Gift Match participants include:
- The Rite Aid Foundation donated $100,000 to the American Red Cross
- Food Lion is accepting customer donations and The Western Union Foundation will match contributions up to $100,000 benefiting the American Red Cross
- Western Union is enabling consumers in the U.S. to give to the American Red Cross as part of a “no transfer fee” program using the Western Union® Quick Collect® or Payments Service Form through participating Western Union® Agent locations across the U.S.
- To encourage and support employee philanthropy, Western Union, through The Western Union Foundation, will match all employee donations to the foundation two-for-one for U.S.-based employees.
- Consumers and employees can also give online by using the “Donate Now” button: www.westernunionfoundation.org.
- As previously announced, The Western Union Foundation provided an initial combined grant totaling $75,000 to the American Red Cross, to provide impacted communities in the U.S. with shelter, food and basic necessities, and the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent Societies to support rebuilding efforts in Jamaica and Cuba.